Call for application
SWISS BRIDGE AWARD 2020
Swiss Bridge is a private foundation associated with the Swiss Cancer League, the
Swiss Cancer Research foundation and the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), and supports high-quality cancer research in Europe. This year, young investigators1 with projects focusing on basic and translational research in childhood cancer are eligible for application.
Investigators from academic and cancer research institutions in Europe are invited to submit a note of intent by e-mail for a new cancer research project on or before 30 April 2020.
The proposals will be evaluated by an international scientific jury. 6 – 8 investigators will be shortlisted and invited to submit a detailed research application by mid-June 2020. Upon peer review and recommendation from the scientific jury, up to 3 projects will receive funding amounting to a total support of 500 000 Swiss francs2.
The winners will be invited to an award ceremony to be held in Zurich on 21 October 2020.
The entire note of intent including attachments may not exceed 6 pages (3 000 words) and must include:
- the title of the project
- the name, address and affiliation of the principal investigator
- the domain of research (basic, clinical, translational, other – please specify)
- the principal investigator’s short curriculum vitae
- a list of up to 10 publications by the principal investigator (please provide the
following information: h-index, total number of publications and total sum of citations)
- the name(s), address(es) and affiliation(s) of potential co-applicant(s) (CVs are not required)
- the project period (max. 3 years)
- the amount of financial support requested (max. 300 000 Swiss francs)
Please note: The award does not cover any indirect, infrastructure or overhead costs,
which must be met by the research institution.
- a summary of the project and
- a statement regarding the relevance and potential contribution of the project to cancer control
Please ensure the information provided in your proposal is complete and adheres to the above guidelines before submitting a pdf-document by e-mail to email@example.com
1 Please note that the term young investigator refers to early stage researchers under the age of 45 holding a PhD or MD and having obtained an independent position at a hospital, university, or research institute in Europe (e.g. junior group leaders, assistant professors, lecturers, scientists establishing their own research group).
2 To non-Swiss residents the prize money will be paid in US Dollars.
Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org